Valentine’s Day might have been yesterday, but love is still in the air here at Zynga. It all started when Zynga met Slingo, and Zynga Slingo was born!
For those of you who were online casual gamers of the 90s, you probably remember the wildly popular Slingo, which launched in 1996. Since then, the game has been played by over 55 million people, 50 million Slingo games have been downloaded, and almost 5 billion games have been played online – now that’s a lot of Slingos!
Zynga took this coveted casual game, kept the core gameplay that made it so popular, and has added some Zynga twists. Zynga Slingo gives players a serendipitous, yet skillful slots game with a Bingo-style game board. Zynga Slingo marks the company’s first licensed partnership.
We’ve infused some of our own social twists on this contemporary classic, including:
- The Friend Joker: The Joker can be your best friend, literally, Spin up the face of one of your friends on Facebook, and let them make a free match for you. Don’t forget to thank them!
- Medals of Honor: Collect medals to complete levels and unlock even more Slingo fun and features as you progress through the Slingo Worlds.
- Leaderboards: Track the scores of your friends in real time to see who has lady luck on their side, and who doesn’t.
- Power-Ups: You can also send lady luck packing by using some power-ups. Fan favorites, including Slingo Vision, will help you find matches and the elusive Instant Slingo will explode for big points.
- Darn Devil: You’ll find lots of tricks up the Slingo Devil’s sleeve when a coin toss comes your way. Land on the Slingo Devil and lose your hard earned points, but if you get the Slingo Cherub, your score will skyrocket to the heavens.
- Play With Friends: Available soon, players can challenge friends and compete to see who can get the highest score in three rounds.
From listening to our players, and seeing the success of other Zynga games, such as Words With Friends, Zynga Poker, Hidden Chronicles, and Scramble With Friends, we realize there’s a desire to bring back classic games so you can play with friends and family anytime, anywhere. We’re on a journey to bring play into people’s lives and make games that everyone wants to play. Here at Zynga, we all want to bring back those Sunday game nights – from sitting around the kitchen table playing Monopoly to the high-energy game of Taboo, we want to connect people through games – whether they’re sitting around the same kitchen table, or across the country.
Zynga Slingo is available to play on Facebook here: https://apps.facebook.com/playslingo/.
What are you waiting for? Start spinning!