Hey, did you see something hoppin’ down by the river? It looks like Special Tree Frogs have made their way to FarmVille 2! These helpful frogs will speed up the growth of your trees if you attract them with water plants and catch them with your Tree Frog Catching Kit. You can also earn lovely rewards by feeding the Tree Frogs, including the exclusive Albino Tree Frog!!
Note: The Albino Tree Frog will be available to use on Trees and Groves for 20 uses. After 20 uses, the Albino Tree Frog will expire and become a pet (it will count towards your Animal Max Cap, but will not require food nor will it help on trees).
If you are level 11 or higher, you will see the following pop-up. Click on the “Place Tree Frog Catching Kit” button to place the House on your farm.
Building the Tree Frog Catching Kit:
Your first step is building your Tree Frog Catching Kit. You will need the following items to start construction:
- Frog Catching Nets
- Frog Catching Gloves
- Frog Boxes
To collect Frog Catching Nets, click on the “Post” button to post to your Facebook wall; you will get the parts when your friends click on it, or when you click on a similar newsfeed post.
Click on the “Ask” button to send requests for Frog Catching Gloves and Frog Boxes to your Neighbors. If you do not wish to wait for your friends, you can skip any of these tasks for Farm Bucks.
Once you have collected the required items, click on the “Start Building” button at the bottom of the construction menu.
Now that your Tree Frog Catching Kit is almost complete, you will need some help from your Neighbors to finish the job. The Tree Frog Catching Kit requires four additional helpers, so click on the “Ask Friends” button to send some crew requests to your Friends. When they accept, you will see the spots in the Building Menu begin to fill. If you do not wish to wait for your friends, click on the “Hire One” button to purchase crew members with Farm Bucks. Once you have successfully filled all four spots, click on the “Finish and Share” button.
Using the Tree Frog Catching Kit:
Click on the Tree Frog Catching Kit to open the main menu.
This menu shows how many Tree Frogs you have fed and what prizes you are currently eligible to redeem.
A – How many Flies you need and your current progress towards this goal.
B – The button to use when you want to purchase Water Crops to plant from the General Store.
C – The button to use when you want to craft Flies via the Crafting Workshop.
D – The total amount of Flies you have crafted. As you feed Tree Frogs, this number decreases.
E – The button to use when you want to purchase Giant Lily Pads from the Blue Jay menu (see “Giant Lily ” section below).
F – The number of Farm Bucks required to purchase a Prize.
Finding Tree Frogs:
Everybody knows that Frogs love damp environments, so plant some Water Crops to attract them and keep an eye out when harvesting!
Tree Frogs will appear on your farm after you harvest any of the following Water Crops:
- Cow Lily (Limited Edition)
- Wasabi Packet
- Indian Lotus Packet
- White Lily
- Wild Rice
- Water Chestnut
- American Lotus
Once you find a Tree Frog, it will have a thought bubble to indicate if it’s hungry or ready to use on Trees and Groves:
- Hungry for Flies (Fly thought bubble): The Tree Frog is hungry for Flies (see the “Crafting Flies” section below).
- Ready to Help (Tree thought bubble): The Tree Frog is ready to help you tend to Trees and Groves (see the “Using Tree Frogs” section below).
Note: You are limited to a total of 10 Tree Frogs at a time on any given farm.
Giant Lily Pads:
Giant Lily Pads attract more Tree Frogs! You can purchase as many Pads as you wish for Farm Bucks from the Tree Frog Catching Kit menu, but you only need 5 to get the max chance at attracting Tree Frogs when you harvest Water Crops. Simply click the Tree Frog Catching Kit, and then click on the “Giant lily Pads” button.
In order to use Tree Frogs (Hungry for Flies), you must craft the Fly Recipes. Note: Once they are fed, (Tree thought bubble), you will be able to use them on Trees and Groves (see “Using Tree Frogs” section below). You can craft your very own Flies via the Crafting Workshop.
From the Tree Frog Catching Kit menu, click on the “Craft” button to open the Workshop. You can choose from three different Recipes:
- 1 Fly (Fly Paper): The required Ingredients are Rice and Yellow Swamp Irises (Yellow Swamp Iris is a limited edition Crop that you can purchase for Coins from the General Store). You will receive a total of one Fly.
- 2 Flies (Fly Swatter): The required Ingredients are Heirloom Wood and Fly Swatter Mash. You will receive a total of two Flies.
- 3 Flies (Fly Spray): The required Ingredients are White Lilies and Empty Spray Bottles. You will receive a total of three Flies.
Using Tree Frogs:
Feeding your crafted Flies to a Tree frog will allow you to use it to tend to your Trees and Groves. To feed a hungry Tree Frog (Treat thought bubble), simply click on it.
To use the fed Tree Frog (Tree thought bubble), simply click on it, and then drag and drop it over a Tree or Grove. Similar to Farmhands, a thought bubble will indicate that your Tree Frog will help you with one of the following tasks per Tree and/or Grove:
- Water: If your Tree or Grove is not watered, use your Tree Frog for Water
- Speed-Grow: If your Tree or Grove is watered, use your Tree Frog for Speed-Grow
- Ready for Harvest: If your Tree or Grove is ready to be harvested, use your Tree Frog for bonus output
Once you have used your Tree Frog, it will disappear and you will be unable to use that particular Tree Frog a second time.
Note: The Albino Tree Frog speeds up two Groves or Trees at once.
Once you have fed enough Tree Frogs, you can earn some lovely prizes. Click on your Tree Frog Catching Kit to open up your progress menu.
At the bottom of this menu, there are a total of four that can be earned through feeding Tree Frogs:
- Three Frog Garden Statues
- Cow Lily Crop Packet (This exclusive Crop Packet can be used as many times as you wish for 7 days)
- Southern Live Oak Tree
- Albino Tree Frog. This little one speeds up two Groves or trees at once for 20 uses!
Note: All four of these prizes can be earned as many times as you’d like as long as you have fed enough Tree Frogs.
Once you have fed enough Tree Frogs, you will earn the helpful Albino Tree Frog!
Note: You will need to redeem each of the above prizes at least once before you get credit towards the Albino Tree Frog. The Albino Tree Frog will be available to use on Trees and Groves for 20 uses. After that time, the Albino Tree Frog will live on your farm as a pet and you will be unable to use him to speed up Trees and Groves. In addition, it will count towards your Animal max cap.
- You have 21 days to collect the Tree Frog Catching Kit prizes. If you do not collect them all, the prizes will disappear and you will be unable to claim them.
- You are limited to a total of 10 Tree Frogs on your farm at once and you can only use each Tree Frog once.
- If you do not wish to use the Tree Frog Catching Kit feature, it can be sold or stored in your Inventory.
- You can only get credit towards the Tree Frog Catching Kit from feeding Tree Frogs on your own farm. You will not get credit from Neighbor visits.
- If you want to see how much time you have left to claim Tree Frog Catching Kit prizes, hover your cursor over the Tree Frog Catching Kit.
- You are limited to one Tree Frog Catching Kit per farm.
We hope you enjoy our latest release and we would love your feedback. Share your feedback below and be automatically entered to win 100 Farm Bucks!