Spring is on its way, which means Blue Jays are coming out to play! These helpful birds will speed up the growth of your trees if you build them a home and harvest spring crops regularly. You can also earn lovely rewards by feeding the Blue Jays, including the exclusive Coastal Blue Jay!
Note: The Rare Coastal Blue Jay will be available to use on Trees and Groves for 20 uses. After 20 uses, the Rare Coastal Blue Jay l will expire and become a pet (it will count towards your Animal Max Cap, but will not require food nor will it help on trees).
If you are level 11 or higher, you will see the following pop-up. Click on the “Place Blue Jay House” button to place the House on your farm.
Building the Blue Jay House:
Your first step is building your Blue Jay House. You will need the following items to start construction:
- Blue Jay Boxes
- Blue Jay Nests
- Blue Jay Posts
To collect Blue Jay Boxes, click on the “Post” button to post to your Facebook wall; you will get the parts when your friends click on it, or when you click on a similar newsfeed post.
Click on the “Ask” button to send requests for Blue Jay Nests and Blue Jay Posts to your Neighbors. If you do not wish to wait for your friends, you can skip any of these tasks for Farm Bucks.
Once you have collected the required items, click on the “Start Building” button at the bottom of the construction menu.
Now that your Blue Jay House is almost complete, you will need some help from your Neighbors to finish the job. The Blue Jay House requires three additional helpers, so click on the “Ask Friends” button to send some crew requests to your Friends. When they accept, you will see the spots in the Building Menu begin to fill. If you do not wish to wait for your friends, click on the “Hire One” button to purchase crew members with Farm Bucks. Once you have successfully filled all four spots, click on the “Finish and Share” button.
Using the Blue Jay House:
Click on the Blue Jay House to open the main menu.
This menu shows how many Blue Jays you have fed and what prizes you are currently eligible to redeem.
A – How many Blue Jay Feedings you need and your current progress towards this goal.
B – The button to use when you want to purchase Spring Crops to plant from the General Store.
C – The button to use when you want to craft Treats via the Kitchen.
D – The total amount of Treats you have crafted. As you feed Blue Jays, this number decreases.
E – The button to use when you want to purchase Fences from the Blue Jay menu (see “Fences” section below).
F – The number of Farm Bucks required to purchase a Prize.
Finding Helper Blue Jays:
Everybody knows that Blue Jays migrate during the spring season, so plant some Spring Crops to attract them and keep an eye out when harvesting!
Helper Blue Jays will appear on your farm after you harvest any of the following Spring Crops:
- Leek (Limited Edition)
- Celeriac (Limited Edition)
- Purple Dragon Carrot Packet
- Mashua Crop Packet
Once you find an Blue Jay, it will have a thought bubble to indicate if it’s hungry or ready to use on Trees and Groves:
- Hungry for Treats (Treat thought bubble): The Blue Jay is hungry for Treats (see the “Crafting Treats” section below).
- Ready to Help (Tree thought bubble): The Blue Jay is ready to help you tend to Trees and Groves (see the “Using Helper Blue Jays” section below).
Note: You are limited to a total of 10 Helper Blue Jays at a time on any given farm.
Fences attract more Blue Jays! You can purchase as many Fences as you wish for Farm Bucks from the Blue Jay menu, but you only need 5 to get the max chance at attracting Blue Jays when you harvest Spring Crops. Simply click the Blue Jay House, and then click on the “Get Fences” button.
In order to use Helper Blue Jays (Hungry for Treats), you must craft the Treat Recipes. Note: Once they are fed, (Tree thought bubble), you will be able to use them on Trees and Groves (see “Using Helper Blue Jays” section below). You can craft your very own Treats via the Crafting Kitchen. If you would like a quick tutorial on how to craft, please visit our Official Guide: Crafting Kitchen.
From the Blue Jay House menu, click on the “Craft” button to open the Kitchen. You can choose from three different Recipes:
- 1 Blue Jay Treat: The required Ingredients are Strawberries and Leek (Leek is a limited edition Crop that you can purchase for Coins from the General Store). You will receive a total of one Treat.
- 2 Treats: The required Ingredients are Heirloom Figs and Blue Jay Treat Pouches. You will receive a total of two Treats.
- 3 Treats: The required Ingredients are Celeriac and Blue Jay Treat Bucket (Celeriac is a limited edition Crop that you can purchase for Coins from the General Store). You will receive a total of three Treats.
Using Helper Blue Jays:
Feeding your crafted Treats to an Blue Jay will allow you to use it to tend to your Trees and Groves. To feed a hungry Blue Jay (Treat thought bubble), simply click on it.
To use the fed Blue Jay (Tree thought bubble), simply click on it, and then drag and drop it over a Tree or Grove. Similar to Farmhands, a thought bubble will indicate that your Blue Jay will help you with one of the following tasks per Tree and/or Grove:
- Water: If your Tree or Grove is not watered, use your Blue Jay for Water
- Speed-Grow: If your Tree or Grove is watered, use your Blue Jay for Speed-Grow
- Ready for Harvest: If your Tree or Grove is ready to be harvested, use your Blue Jayfor bonus output
Once you have used your Helper Blue Jay, it will fly into your Blue Jay House and you will be unable to use that particular Blue Jay a second time.
Note: The Rare Coastal Blue Jay speeds up two Groves or Trees at once.
Once you have fed enough Blue Jays, you can earn some lovely prizes. Click on your Blue Jay House to open up your progress menu.
At the bottom of this menu, there are a total of four that can be earned through feeding Blue Jays:
- Four Spring Hedges
- Purple Asparagus (This exclusive Crop Packet can be used as many times as you wish for 7 days)
- Flowering Dogwood
- Rare Coastal Blue Jay. This little one speeds up two Groves or trees at once for 20 uses!
Note: All four of these prizes can be earned as many times as you’d like as long as you have fed enough Blue Jays.
Once you have fed enough Blue Jays, you will earn the adorable Rare Coastal Blue Jay!
Note: You will need to redeem each of the above prizes at least once before you get credit towards the Rare Coastal Blue Jay. The Rare Coastal Blue Jay will be available to use on Trees and Groves for 20 uses. After that time, the Rare Coastal Blue Jay will live on your farm as a pet and you will be unable to use him to speed up Trees and Groves. In addition, it will count towards your Animal max cap.
- You have 21 days to collect the Blue Jay House prizes. If you do not collect them all, the prizes will disappear and you will be unable to claim them.
- You are limited to a total of 10 Helper Blue Jays on your farm at once and you can only use each Blue Jay once.
- If you do not wish to use the Blue Jay House feature, it can be sold or stored in your Inventory.
- You can only get credit towards the Blue Jay House from feeding Blue Jays on your own farm. You will not get credit from Neighbor visits.
- If you want to see how much time you have left to claim the Blue Jay House prizes, hover your cursor over the Tree.
- You are limited to one Blue Jay House per farm.
We hope you enjoy our latest release and we would love your feedback. Share your feedback below and be automatically entered to win 100 Farm Bucks!