The new Squirrel Tree is here! Harvest berry Crops to attract Squirrels and then feed them Treats to win great rewards. Get all three prizes to unlock an exclusive Black and Brown Eastern Fox Squirrel for a limited time!
Note: The Black and Brown Eastern Fox Squirrel will be available to use on Trees and Groves for 20 days. After that time, the Black and Brown Eastern Fox Squirrel will live on your farm as a pet and you will be unable to use him to speed up Trees and Groves.
If you are level 9 or higher, you will see the following pop-up. Click on the blue “Place Squirrel Tree” button to place the Tree on your farm.
Building the Squirrel Tree:
Your first step is building your Squirrel Tree. You will need the following items to start construction:
- Squirrel Houses
- Squirrel Bedding
- Red Paint
To collect Squirrel Houses, click on the “Post” button to post to your Facebook wall; you will get the parts when your friends click on it, or when you click on a similar newsfeed post.
Click on the “Ask” button to send requests for Squirrel Bedding and Red Paint to your Neighbors. If you do not wish to wait for your friends, you can skip any of these tasks for Farm Bucks.
Once you have collected the required items, click on the “Start Building” button at the bottom of the construction menu.
Now that your Tree is almost complete, you will need some help from your Neighbors to finish the job. The Squirrel Tree requires four helpers, so click on the “Ask Friends” button to send some crew requests to your Friends. When they accept, you will see the spots in the Building Menu begin to fill. If you do not wish to wait for your friends, click the “Hire One” button to purchase crew members with Farm Bucks. Once you have successfully filled all four spots, click on the “Finish and Share” button.
Using the Squirrel Tree:
Click on the Squirrel Tree to open the main menu.
This menu shows how many Squirrels you have fed and what prizes you are currently eligible to redeem.
A – How many Squirrel Feedings you need and your current progress towards this goal.
B – The button to use when you want to purchase berry Crops for to plant from the General Store.
C – The button to use when you want to craft Treats via the Kitchen.
D – The total amount of
Treats you have crafted. As you feed Squirrels, this number decreases.
E – The button to use when you want to purchase Fences from the Squirrel menu (see “Fences” section below).
F – The number of Farm Bucks required to purchase a Prize.
Finding Help Squirrels:
Everybody knows that berries attract Squirrels, so plant some berry Crops and look for them when harvesting!
Helper Squirrels will appear on your farm after you harvest any of the following berry Crops:
- Boysenberry (Limited Edition)
Once you find a Squirrel, it will have a thought bubble to indicate what it’s ready for:
- Hungry for Treats (Treat thought bubble): The Squirrel is hungry for Treats (see “Crafting Treats” section below).
- Ready to Help (Tree thought bubble): The Squirrel is ready to help you tend to Trees and Groves (see “Using Helper Squirrels” section below).
Note: You are limited to a total of 10 Helper Squirrels on any given farm.
Fences attract more Squirrels! You can purchase up to a total of 10 Fences for Coins or Farm Bucks from the Squirrel menu. Simply click the Squirrel Tree, and then click the blue “Get Fences” button.
In order to use Helper Squirrels (Hungry for Treats), you must craft the Treat Recipes. Note: Once they are fed, (Tree thought bubble), you will be able to use them on Trees and Groves (see “Using Helper Squirrels” section below). You can craft your very own Treats via the Crafting Kitchen. From the Squirrel Tree menu, click on the “Craft” button to open the Kitchen. You can choose from three different Recipes:
- Bag of 1 Squirrel Treat: The required Ingredients are Strawberries and Corn Meal. You will receive a total of one Treat.
- 2 Treats: The required Ingredients are Apples and Bag of Sesame Seeds. You will receive a total of two Treats.
- 3 Treats: The required Ingredients are Blueberries and Bag of Chia Seeds. You will receive a total of three Treats.
Using Helper Squirrels:
Feeding your crafted Treats to a Squirrel will allow you to use it to tend to your Trees and Groves. To feed a hungry Squirrel (Treat thought bubble), simply click on it.
To use the fed Squirrel (Tree thought bubble), simply click on it, then drag and drop it over a Tree or Grove. Similar to Farmhands, a thought bubble will indicate that your Squirrel will help you with one of the following tasks per Tree and/or Grove:
- Water: If your Tree or Grove is not watered, use your Squirrel for Water.
- Speed-Grow: If your Tree or Grove is watered, use your Squirrel for Speed-Grow.
- Ready for Harvest: If your Tree or Grove is ready to be harvested, use your Squirrel for bonus output.
Once you have used your Helper Squirrel, it will run into your Squirrel Tree and you will be unable to use that particular Squirrel a second time.
Note: The Black and Brown Eastern Fox Squirrel speeds up two Groves at once.
Once you have fed enough Squirrels, you can earn some lovely prizes. Click on your Squirrel Tree to open up your progress menu.
At the bottom of this menu, there are a total of four that can be earned through feeding Squirrels:
- White Oak Tree (This exclusive tree produces Acorns, which is a new type of Ingredient used in new crafting Recipes)
- Loganberry Packet (This exclusive Crop Packet can be used as many times as you wish for 7 days)
- A second White Oak Tree (This exclusive tree produces Acorns, which is a new type of Ingredient used in new crafting Recipes)
- The adorable Black and Brown Eastern Fox Squirrel for 20 days. This little one speeds up two Groves at once!
All four of these prizes can be earned as many times as you’d like as long as you have fed enough Squirrels.
Note: You will need to redeem each of the above prizes at least once before you get credit towards the Black and Brown Eastern Fox Squirrel. The Black and Brown Eastern Fox Squirrel will be available to use on Trees and Groves for 20 days. After that time, the Black and Brown Eastern Fox Squirrel will live on your farm as a pet and you will be unable to use him to speed up Trees and Groves.
- You have 21 days to collect the Squirrel Tree prizes. If you do not collect them all, the prizes will disappear and you will be unable to claim them.
- You are limited to a total of 10 Helper Squirrels at any given time and can only use each Squirrel once.
- If you do not wish to use the Squirrel Tree feature, it can be sold or stored in your Inventory.
- You can only get credit towards the Squirrel Tree from feeding Squirrels on your own farm. You will not get credit from Neighbor visits.
- If you want to see how much time you have left to claim the Squirrel Tree prizes, hover your cursor over the Tree.
- You are limited to one Squirrel Tree per farm.
We hope you enjoy our latest release and we would love your feedback. Share your feedback below and be automatically entered to win 50 Farm Bucks!