How do you make Cheesecake Brownies better? You add more chocolate, of course.
If the thought of eating warm, gooey and sinfully sweet brownies makes you as happy as it makes us, you'll want to check out the fantastic recipe from Farmer Jimi below.
Think you have a dish that can rival this epic combination of chocolate and cheesecake? Be sure to enter the FarmVille 2 Recipe Creation event for your chance to win 300 Farm Bucks, 100,000 Coins and a Limited Edition item of your choice! If that wasn't enough for you, we'll also be featuring our three winning recipes in the FarmVille 2 Crafting Kitchen.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Brownies - Submitted by Farmer Jimi
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together shortening, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup white sugar. Beat in the 3 eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; blend into the sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cream cheese and 1/4 cup white sugar. Mix in the 2 remaining eggs.
- Spread 1/2 of chocolate chip dough in bottom of the prepared pan. Pour cream cheese batter on top of dough. Sprinkle with pecans. Drop pieces of the remaining chocolate chip batter over filling. Don't worry if there are gaps; the batter will spread.
- Bake for 45 minutes in preheated oven, or until lightly browned on the top. Let the brownies cool in the pan before cutting into bars.
As a reminder folks, be sure to include a hand written sign (with your name on it) in your images, or we cannot verify that you are the creator! The images above have had names/information edited out to protect the privacy of the farmers.
If you would like to enter the event, please click here for all of the rules and details.