Do you enjoy cooking? Would you like to see one of your recipes in the FarmVille 2 Crafting Kitchen? Do you want 300 FREE Farm Bucks? If you answered “yes” to these three questions, our new Recipe Creation Event is for you!
We are giving our farmers the chance to have their culinary creations brought to life in FarmVille 2 and all you need to do is snap a picture of a delicious dish you have cooked, provide us with the accompanying recipe and email it to email@example.com!
The FarmVille 2 Team will pick our three favorite dishes based on originality, presentation and visual appeal. The winning meals will be adapted to fit FarmVille 2 and will appear in the Crafting Kitchen with a special name to recognize the farmer who created it.
- The Recipe Creation Event will run from 5/30 - 6/12 @ 6:00 PM PDT.
- Winners will be announced on 6/14.
- For an entry to be valid, it must contain an image of a recipe you have cooked (in real life, not in-game) and the accompanying recipe.
- All entries must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For verification purposes, the image of your dish MUST have a sign in it that clearly displays your name or email address (see image below for example).
- Your recipe can be unique! There is no need to make something that already exists in game; we encourage you to submit new and exciting recipes.
- Your recipe can be any type of dish (breakfast, lunch, dinner or desert).
- Farm 2 is animal friendly, so we ask that the recipes you submit do not contain meat.
- Try to make sure your recipe contains at least two ingredients that exist in FarmVille 2 (or are byproducts of existing ingredients)! It is unlikely that we will select someone as a winner if we need to create new crops or ingredients to accommodate their recipe.
3 winners will receive:
- 300 Farm Bucks
- 100,000 Coins
- An LE Item of their choosing
- An in-game adaptation of their recipe
- All participants must be comfortable with the Farm 2 team sharing their recipes and photos with the public (if you are very secretive of your recipes, this may not be the event for you).
- Before sharing any user submitted photos, the Farm 2 team will edit out any personal information, to protect your privacy.
- Throughout the duration of the event, the Farm 2 Community Team will be sharing our favorite entries, but these are not necessarily the winners of the event.
- It will take time for the recipes to get into Farm 2. Expect to see them a few months after the event is over and winners are selected.
- This contest is governed by the Zynga Terms of Service: http://zynga.tm/gNW
- If you are a winner, we will be reaching out to you via email before 6:00 PM PDT on 6/15.
- If you are a winner and do not respond to us within 7 days, your prizes will be awarded to another player.
I’M STILL CONFUSED!
Are you unsure about what you should do to enter the event? No problem. Here is a quick example of an entry for you!
Morgan* has a great cupcake recipe that she thinks would be perfect in FarmVille 2. Morgan cooks them (with an actual oven, this isn’t an in-game event) and takes a picture with her camera.
She sends email@example.com an email with this image attached:
NOTE: Your image MUST have a sign in it that clearly displays your name or email address (see image below for example). If you do not have this sign in the picture of your dish, or we cannot verify that you created it.
She is also sure to include her Recipe in the email:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. powdered green tea
- 1 ¼ cup baker’s sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 2 - 9 inch round pans. Sift together the all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking soda, salt, and green tea powder; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat together sugar, oil, and eggs until smooth. Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the yogurt, mixing just until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes before turning out of the pans.
- 4. To make Green Tea Frosting: Sift together confectioners' sugar and green tea powder. In a medium bowl, combine tea mixture with butter, cream cheese, vanilla and milk. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- 5. To assemble the cakes: when the cakes are completely cooled, put one layer on a flat serving plate. Spread a thin layer of frosting over it. Place the other layer of cake on top, and spread frosting to cover the top and sides of cake. Dust with green tea powder if desired. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Morgan is now successfully entered into the FarmVille 2 Recipe Creation Event! Keeping with this example, let’s say that Morgan’s cupcakes are one of our three winners. The in-game adaptation of her recipe would look something like this:
NOTE: This is just an example of a winner’s recipe, to illustrate how it may appear.
*Not a real person
Please feel free to leave us a comment below if you have any additional questions. Happy farming and we hope to hear from you soon!