Prized Animal Guide
Prized Animals are better than ever and now produce Premium Goods every time you feed them! Upon entering FarmVille 2, you will see the following pop-up.
After clicking on “Show me!” you will get a visit from Walter. He’s here to explain the Prized Animal improvements, and he’s brought a friend with him!
This message explains in a little more detail how the changes to Prized Animals work. Each stage of the Animal cycle is shown here with its corresponding resources.
No changes have been made to the functionality of Baby Animals. They won’t produce resources until they are an Adult.
Adult animals will produce the resources displayed in the “adult” section of their Market Card every time they are fed (see “General Store Changes” below for more information).
Prized animals will now exclusively produce new, Premium Resources when fed.
If you click on the “Claim Goat” button, Walter will inform you that the prized Goat he brought with him is actually a gift for you! Place him on your farm to try out the new Prized Animal improvements!
Note: If you have purchased Farm Bucks, your free goat will be an Ibex Goat. If you have not purchased Farm Bucks, your free goat will be a Nubian Goat.
Changes to the General Store:
Everything you need to know about an Animal is now listed in the General Store. Simply place your cursor over a Market Card to view important details.
This icon indicates you how much feed an animal needs to eat every time it is hungry. Animals that require more feed tend to produce more Resources, so they do pay off generously!
How long it takes for the Animal to become hungry. In the example above, the Boer Goat will need to be fed every 15 minutes.
The Ingredient (or Resource) that the Adult Animal will provide when fed. The Coin amount to the right of this indicates how much the Ingredient/Resource sells for in your Market Stall.
The Premium Ingredient (or Resource) that the Prized Animal will provide when fed. The Coin amount to the right of this indicates how much the Ingredient/Resource sells for in your Market Stall.
The Amount of XP, Bonus Fertilizer and secondary resources you will receive when feeding your Adult/Prized Animal.
The number of feedings it will take for your animal to become Prized.
The Adult/Prized sections of the Market Card.
Prized Animals now produce Premium Resources when fed. Below is a list of the new Premium Resources available in game.
- Horses – Fine Saddles (Note: All existing saddles in the game have been turned into Fine Saddles)
- Cows – Swiss Cheese
- Goats – Goat Cheese
- Chickens – Brown Eggs
- Rabbits – Fine Wool
- Sheep – Fine Fleece
- Reindeers – Antler
- Turkeys – White Feathers
- Some of the timers for Adult Animals have changed. Please check the General Store for details.
- Adult animals no longer produce “rare” resources. All resources displayed in the “adult” section of an Animal’s Market Card is a 100% guaranteed drop rate.
- Prized Animals now require feed.
- All prized animals will be hungry for feed every 18 hours.
- There are two different ways you can differentiate Prized Animals:
1. The Blue Medal present in the thought bubble over their head (See below):
2. Mouse-over the Animal you'd like to feed, then look to see if "Prized" is in the title (See below):
We hope you all enjoy Prized Animals and the new resources they produce! Please leave us a comment below and let us know what you think of our improvements!