Helping your Neighbors is a great way to be social in FarmVille 2! Not only can you check out their decorations and Farm layout, you can also help them manage their Farm, as well as earn extra coins, experience, and valuable items for your Farm!
Why Should I Have Neighbors, Anyway?
Many tasks on your Farm will require help from your friends to complete, so having some reliable Farmers as Neighbors will be essential! Plus, more Neighbors means more gifts in your inbox each day, which helps you advance your Farm even faster. There are several different types of interactions you can have with other Farmers in FarmVille 2:
- When you are in need of help to complete tasks, you can post requests to your Facebook news feed. Your Neighbors can click on these requests to provide the assistance you need.
- You can click on your friends Facebook posts to get rewards such as coins, Experience Points (XP), Fertilizer, and Milk Bottles.
- Send and receive requests for Free Gifts that you can use on your Farm.
- Send and receive Crew Member requests.
- Send and receive Builder requests.
- Visit FarmVille neighbors’ Farms to offer help in exchange for Coins and Resources
You can see who your FarmVille 2 Neighbors are by looking at the bar located at the bottom of your screen in the game:
What’s the Difference Between a Friend and a FarmVille Neighbor?
Friends and neighbors are both really important to helping you Farm, but you can interact with each one a little bit differently. Below is a breakdown of the different kind of fellow Farmers out there, and how they affect how you play the game:
- These are the people that you already have as Friends on Facebook. This means that you can post stories to your News Feed from FarmVille 2, and these folks will see it. This group includes your Facebook friends who don’t necessarily play FarmVille 2.
- Your Friends are able to click on and interact with FarmVille 2 posts you put on your Facebook News Feed. This includes clicking on your posts to claim items you’ve shared, like coins, fertilizer, and milk bottles.
- Your Friends are able to receive direct requests from you for items or help that you need on your Farm.
- These are Facebook friends who you have specifically added as a Neighbor on your Farm. You do this by sending them a Neighbor Request, which they will have to accept before they will appear as your Neighbor.
- You are able to help out on your Neighbor’s Farms in exchange for coins and Resources! They will also be able to return the favor when they wish to do so.
- Neighbors are able to respond directly to requests you’ve sent to them. These could be requests for items or for help on your Farm. These requests will go directly to their FarmVille 2 inbox (located on the upper right-hand corner of your screen, just above your Farm).
Visiting Your Neighbor’s Farms
To visit one of your Neighbors, simply click on their profile picture in the Neighbor bar. Doing this will switch the game from your Farm to that Neighbor’s Farm. Once the game loads on your Neighbor’s Farm, you can interact with many of the plants, animals, and decorations they have!
You can visit your Neighbor’s Farm as often as you like by clicking on their profile picture in the Neighbor bar. While you are on their Farm you can interact with up to five different Farm items every 24 hours. You can tell how many actions you have left on each Neighbor’s Farm by checking the lightning bolts that appear just above the Neighbor bar while you are on their Farm.
What Can I Do on a Neighbor Visit?
You can use your five actions for a number of different things on your Neighbor’s Farms. As you click on each item different benefits are given to your Neighbor!
Crops: Using one of your actions on a neighbor’s crop will advance it to the next stage for that particular crop:
- Clicking a plot that does not have a planted crop will fertilize that plot for the next crop.
- Crops that are planted but not watered will be watered and start to grow.
- Crops that are planted and watered will be fertilized.
- Crops that are mature will be harvested.
- Withered crops will become unwithered and healthy again!
Animals: All of your Neighbor’s animals will be hungry when you visit their Farms. Feed your Neighbor’s animals so they don’t have to!
Trees: Tending to your Neighbor’s trees works similar to crops.
- Trees that are planted but not watered will be watered and start to grow.
- Trees that are planted and watered will be fertilized.
- Trees that are mature will be harvested.
Farm Buildings & Decorations: Many different things can happen if you click on the buildings and decorations around a Farm:
- Crafting Kitchen: Your Neighbor will receive one crafting Power if you spend an action on their Crafting Kitchen.
- Feed Mill & Silo: Clicking a Silo or Feed Mill gives your Neighbor one Feed for their Animals.
- Wells & Troughs: Clicking either of these items on a Neighbor’s Farm will give them one water.
- Decorations: Clicking other decorations gives your Neighbor bonus coins.
Just about everything on your Neighbor’s Farm can be clicked as one of your five actions. Each click will give you coins as a reward for helping your Neighbor. In addition, some items have a slight chance to give a Bonus Item you can use on your Farm!
Don’t forget, you can click on five items on each of your Neighbor’s Farm every day. Choose your tasks carefully when helping your Neighbors to ensure you are getting the Bonus Items you need the most!
Can I Do Anything with My Neighbor’s Farmer?
Yes! If you hover your mouse over your Neighbor’s Farmer you will see the option to cheer them up by sending them a gift. To send the gift, just click on the ‘Send Gift’ button and they will get a gift of coins from you!
Once you have spent all five of your actions on a Neighbor’s farm, a window will pop up thanking you for visiting. In addition to everything you received for helping out on on your Neighbor’s Farm, you will receive 50 Coins and 1 XP. Occasionally, you will also receive 1 Water as a bonus for visiting your Neighbors!
To close this window you can either click the ‘Share with…’ button to let your Neighbor know you visited their Farm, or click the “X” button in the top right corner of the window.
To get home, simply click the ‘Return Home’ button on the lower right part of your game screen. Doing that will bring you back to your Farm where you can continue playing! If you would like to visit other Neighbors instead of going home, just click on their profile picture on the Neighbor bar and you will travel to their Farm instead of yours!
How Many Neighbors Can I Visit in a Day?
There is no limit on how many Neighbors you can visit in a day. Visit as many of them as you like!
Neighbors Visiting Your Farm
Your Neighbors can visit your Farm too. When you load FarmVille 2, any Neighbors who have visited your Farm while you were gone will be on your Farm ready to help!
Accepting or Denying Neighbor Actions
To see what actions your Neighbors would like to take on your Farm, hover your mouse pointer over their Farmer. Anything on your Farm that they tended to will be highlighted so you are able to see what they did.
If you like those actions, simply click the ‘Accept’ button over their Avatar and they will get to work! The same chores you were able to complete on their Farm are also available on to do on yours. They could be tending your crops, feeding your animals, or helping with other tasks!
If you don’t want to let them take those actions on your farm, that’s OK too! Just click the ‘Deny’ button over their Farmer and they won’t happen! Don’t worry, your Neighbor will still get all of the benefits from visiting your Farm, even if you choose to deny their help.
Sending My Neighbors Home
After you accept or deny your Neighbor’s actions on your Farm, they will hang out for a bit. You can send them home faster if you like; just click on them and the option to cheer them up will appear above their head. If you send them this gift, they will make their way off your Farm.
Alternatively, you can send them home without a gift if you want to.
How Many Times Can My Neighbor Visit?
Your Neighbors can visit your Farm as often as they like, but they can only take five actions on your Farm each day (24 hours), per Neighbor. You will only find their Farmer on your Farm if they take actions while they visit. If your Neighbors visit to admire your Farm but don’t spend any of their actions, you will not see their Farmer on your Farm when you load FarmVille 2.
Visiting NPC Farms
In addition to visiting the Farms of your real life Neighbors, you can also visit the NPC Farms. Initially that means you can visit Marie and Walter!
Visiting these Farms is no different than visiting your Neighbor’s. You have five action points and can spend them in the same way, once every day, to earn coins and try for some of the Bonus Items!
The only real difference between these Farms and those of your real life Neighbors is that they won’t change as much, or as often.
I Don’t Want to Visit Other Farms, or Get Help on Mine!
If, for any reason, you don’t want to visit your Neighbor’s Farms that’s OK! Just stick with your Farm and don’t worry about your Neighbors. Visiting your neighbors is an optional way to have fun and earn extra rewards.
If you don’t want the help of your Neighbors on your Farm, just dismiss them when they arrive, and they will have no impact on your Farming experience at all
Social Visits for More Fun!
Visiting your Neighbors is a great way to have some extra fun, and to be extra social. If you work together with your friends you can coordinate actions and grow crops faster! The chance for bonus items can help you get that last bit of feed you were looking for, or enough power for another Crafting Kitchen recipe.
The choice is yours, and there are many ways to help your friends on each visit!